- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup green tea leaves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for serving
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (available in the Asian foods aisle)
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 jalapenostemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 5 ounce bag mixed baby greens (about 8 cups)
In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes; set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the tea leaves, lemon juice, soy sauce, fish sauce and ginger. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Strain the dressing into a bowl, pressing with a spoon, and discard the solids.
Stir the jalapeno, peanuts, coconut, sesame seeds and reserved garlic into the dressing. Toss with the mixed greens in a salad bowl and serve with the lemon wedges.