- Prep Time
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pitted Calamata olives
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 10 ounce bag mixed salad greens, such as Mediterranean or European mix
- 2 6 ounce cans olive oil-packed solid light tuna, drained and flaked
Put the lemon zest and juice into a screw-top jar. Press the garlic and salt together with the side of a knife until the garlic is mashed; scrape it into the jar. Add pepper to taste and the olive oil. Screw on the lid and shake well until blended.
Put the tomatoes, olives and onion in a large salad bowl. Shake the dressing again and stir about half into the salad. Add the greens and toss. Gently stir in the tuna, then taste the salad and add a bit more dressing if needed.