- 1 1/2 pounds ground veal or lamb
- Salt and pepper
- 1 10 ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup mixed herbs (a small handful each mint, parsley and dill), finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 cup drained, crumbled feta, preferably Greek
- EVOO, for drizzling
- 1 lemon, halved
- About 2 cups chopped Romaine
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 ciabatta rolls, or 8 slices ciabatta bread cut into 4-inch squares, toasted
In a medium bowl, season the meat with salt and pepper. Mix in the spinach, herbs, onion and garlic. Add the feta and mix gently to just combine. Form the meat mixture into 4 patties (thinner in the center for even cooking).
In a medium nonstick skillet, heat a drizzle of EVOO over medium-high. Cook the patties, turning occasionally, until browned on both sides, 8 to 10 minutes for medium. Douse the burgers with the juice of half a lemon.
In another medium bowl, toss the lettuce, tomato, oregano and the juice of the remaining lemon half; season. Top the roll bottoms with some of the salad, the patties and the roll tops.