- 1 dozen organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon yellow or dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons to 1 tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup smoked salmon, diced
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 3 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- Dill and black pepper, for garnishing
Place the eggs in a pot, cover with cold water and bring to a full boil. Turn off the heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes; drain and run under cold water until cool enough to handle.
Peel the eggs and halve lengthwise (or trim the tops to expose the yolks, then trim the bottoms to stand the eggs upright). Remove the yolks; transfer to a bowl. Make the filling with mustard, hot sauce and worcestershire; season with salt and pepper. Add diced smoked salmon, creme fraiche, minced red onion, minced capers and lemon zest.
Cut a corner off a resealable plastic bag; fill it with the yolk mixture. Pipe into the egg whites. Garnish with fresh dill and black pepper.