- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 15 1/2 ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 20 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 bags tortilla chips (18 to 24 ounces total)
- 3 ripe avocados, coarsely chopped
- 1 pint fresh pico de gallo or salsa
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
In a medium saucepan, combine the black beans, lime juice, onion, olive oil, garlic, cayenne, cumin and a pinch salt and pepper. Cover and warm over medium-low heat, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer half of the mixture to a food processor; blend until smooth. Return the puree to the saucepan and stir; cover to keep warm.
In a medium, microwaveable bowl, stir the goat cheese with the heavy cream. Cover and microwave on high power for 90 seconds; whisk until creamy. Set aside.
Place a large handful of tortilla chips in individual paper bowls, drizzle with goat cheese sauce and top with the black bean mixture, avocado, pico de gallo and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.