Recipe by Rachael Ray
About 1/2 cup EVOO
About 1/3 cup whole-milk Greek yogurt
About 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 tbsp.)
1 shallot, grated or finely chopped
1 tbsp. dried oregano (preferably Greek)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 heads Little Gem lettuce or 2 hearts of romaine, chopped (about 10 cups)
2 vine or beefsteak tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
2 thin mild red or green peppers (such as field peppers), seeded and finely chopped
1 red or white onion, chopped
1/2 English cucumber or 1 small zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves with tender stems
6 boneless, skinless chicken cutlets (or 3 breasts, each halved horizontally into 2 cutlets)
Salt and pepper
1 tsp. each dried oregano (preferably Greek), granulated garlic, and granulated onion
Olive oil, for drizzling, or cooking spray
3/4-lb. brick of feta (preferably Greek), crumbled or diced
1 cup pitted kalamata olives
Pepperoncini (pickled peppers), whole or cut into rings, for serving
Charred pita bread, for serving
1. For the dressing, shake all the ingredients in a jar until blended. Chill the dressing until ready to serve.
2. Heat a grill pan or griddle over medium-high.
3. In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, onion, cucumber, and parsley.
4. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, the oregano, granulated garlic, and granulated onion. Drizzle the chicken with oil. Grill until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Slice the chicken on an angle into thin strips.
5. Toss the salad with the dressing. Divide among 4 large platters or bowls. Neatly arrange the grilled chicken, feta, olives, and pepperoncini on top. Serve with charred pita bread.