- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 small japanese eggplants
- Toasted sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- Finely chopped chives, for sprinkling
In a small saucepan, whisk together 6 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil and 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar; bring to a boil and cook until reduced by one-third. Slice 4 small japanese eggplants, alternating between crosswise and diagonal cuts to make 32 wedges about 1 inch long. Stand the eggplant wedges on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet. Brush with toasted sesame oil and bake in a 375 degrees oven for 15 minutes. Brush with two-thirds of the soy glaze and bake for 10 minutes more, then brush with the remaining soy glaze. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and finely chopped chives. Serve warm.
Read now: One Quick Trick for Cutting Chives