- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 large carrots (about 2 lbs), peeled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 slender leeks (white parts only) thinly sliced, washed and dried
- 1/3 cup golden raisins, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest; plus 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 4 large kale leaves, tough stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
Using a vegetable peeler, slice the carrots into long, thin ribbons.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the raisins, garlic, ginger, lemon zest and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the carrots, kale and 1/2 cup water and cook, stirring or turning with tongs, until softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.