- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 thick boneless pork loin chops
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 6 ounces (half of a 12-ounce can) frozen lemonade concentrate
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 6 ounce bag baby spinach
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
In a heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Rub both sides of each pork chop with salt, pepper and the fresh ginger. Add to the skillet and cook for 1 minute, then cover, lower the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes. Flip the chops, cover and cook until brown, 10 minutes longer. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Reserve the skillet.
Set aside 1 cup strawberries for the salad. Add the remaining strawberries, lemonade concentrate, ground ginger and 3/4 cup water to the skillet and stir to combine. Bring to a boil over high heat, scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook, stirring and smashing the berries, until the sauce is thick and reduced to about 1 cup, about 5 minutes.
Divide the spinach among 4 plates and top with the goat cheese and reserved strawberries. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar; season to taste with salt and pepper. Place a pork chop on each plate and top with the strawberry-lemonade sauce.