- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 4 inch piece of ginger, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup sugar snap peas (about 4 ounces)
- 1 small zucchini (about 4 ounces), thinly sliced at an angle
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced at an angle
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 cremini or white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Layer the ginger evenly over the bottom of a steamer basket. Top with layers of the sugar snap peas, zucchini, carrot, bell pepper and mushrooms. Sprinkle with the lemon zest.
Place the salt, sesame seeds, parsley and red pepper flakes in a resealable plastic bag and lightly smash the seasonings with the back of a knife until coarse; set aside.
Fill the steamer base with about 2 inches of water and add the lemon juice. Bring the liquid to a simmer, place the steamer basket on top and cover. Steam the vegetables over medium heat until fork-tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer the steamed vegetables to a serving platter, sprinkle with some of the seasoned salt and drizzle with the olive oil.