- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 canola oil, plus more for greasing
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 Granny Smith apples (about 1 1/4 pounds)peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt or tube pan. In a medium bowl, combine the 2-1/2 cups of flour with the baking powder and 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon. In a large bowl, toss the apples with 1/4 cup of the sugar and the remaining 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and set aside.
In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the 1 cup of oil with the eggs, orange juice, vanilla and the remaining 2 cups of sugar on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the flour in 3 batches, mixing until just combined. Add the apples and stir to combine. Transfer to the pan, leaving about an inch at the top, and bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean, about 1 1/2 hours. Let the cake cool in the pan for about 30 minutes before unmolding it onto a rack to cool completely.