- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 mangoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespooons sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tablespooons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts, finely ground
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 2 large eggs
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees . In a small saucepan, combine half of the mangoes, 2 tablespoons sugar, the lemon juice and ginger and cook over medium heat until jamlike, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, then stir in the remaining mangoes. Pour into a 2-quart or 8-inch square baking dish.
Using an electric mixer, combine the remaining 2/3 cup sugar, the flour, ground macadamia nuts, baking powder and salt. Mix in the butter at medium-low speed until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Beat in the eggs at low speed until just combined. Using a large spoon, drop the dough over the mango mixture to cover evenly. Sprinkle with sugar and bake until the crust is golden, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.