Recipe by Grant Melton
- Prep Time
- 1 cup Smarties candies
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Whipped cream, Nerds and maraschino cherries, for garnish
1. Place the Smarties in a resealable plastic bag. Using a rolling pin, smash the candies into sprinkle-size pieces.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream to soft peaks, about 2 minutes. Add the condensed milk and salt and beat until blended, about 1 minute more. Using a spoon, stir in the Smarties. Pour the mixture into a large metal loaf pan. Freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
3. Scoop the ice cream into dessert glasses. Top with the whipped cream, Nerds and cherries.