- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3/4 pound hot italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 bulb fennel, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced on an angle
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound gemelli pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . On a baking sheet, toss the sausage, fennel, onion and carrots with the olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente; drain, reserving 1/3 cup of the pasta cooking water. Transfer the pasta to a large bowl.
Add the sausage-vegetable mixture to the pasta. Add the reserved pasta cooking water to the baking sheet, scraping up any browned bits; transfer to the pasta mixture. Toss in the parsley; season with salt and pepper.