- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup frozen french fries
- 6 ounces deli-sliced pastrami
- 2 thick slices peasant bread
- 2 thin slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup coleslaw, preferably vinegar-based
- 2 tomato slices
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the french fries according to package instructions, about 20 minutes. Keep warm.
In a nonstick skillet, cook the pastrami over high heat until warmed through and sizzling, about 2 minutes. Mound the hot pastrami onto 1 bread slice. Add the provolone to the skillet, 1 slice at a time, and cook until it begins to melt, about 30 seconds each; using a spatula, transfer the cheese to the pastrami. Mound the french fries onto the cheese and top with the coleslaw and tomatoes. Cover the sandwich with the second bread slice.