Recipe by Rachael Ray
- 1 large bunch broccoli rabe, tough ends trimmed
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup fresh ricotta, drained 15 minutes in a fine-mesh strainer
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 small red finger chiles, thinly sliced, or 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 lb. fresh mozzarella, shredded or thinly sliced
- 1 tomato on the vine, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (a handful) grated pecorino or Parmigiano-Reggiano
- A few leaves fresh basil, torn
1. Preheat the oven to 450°.
2. Fill a large bowl with ice water. In a deep skillet or pot, bring about 4 inches of water to a boil. Salt the water, add the broccoli rabe and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain; transfer to the ice water and let cool. Drain and pat dry. Chop the broccoli rabe into 2-inch pieces.
3. In another large bowl, whisk the eggs and ricotta; season with salt and pepper.
4. In a 10-inch cast-iron or other nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat the oil, two turns of the pan, over medium-high. Add the broccoli rabe and season. Cook, tossing often, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the chiles and garlic and toss 2 to 3 minutes more. Add the egg mixture and cook until set around the edges, about 2 minutes.
5. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the eggs are almost set in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Top with the mozzarella, then the tomato slices, then the pecorino. Bake until the cheese melts and the eggs are set in the center, 7 to 8 minutes more. Let cool until set, just a few minutes. Top with the basil and cut into wedges.