- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons a href="/recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-index/dessert-recipes/Strawberry-Sauce">Strawberry Sauce
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup blanched slivered almonds (about 3 ounces)
- 1 head frisee, torn (about 4 cups)
- 1 fennel bulb shaved or thinly sliced, plus 1 cup torn fennel fronds
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 ounce peas, thawed
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved into thin sheets with a vegetable peeler (about 1 cup)
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, strawberry sauce, maple syrup, 2 tablespoons of water and the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. The vinaigrette can be made up to 2 days in advance and kept, covered, in the refrigerator.
Place the almonds in a large nonstick skillet and toast over low heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes.
Place the frisee, fennel, mint, peas and toasted almonds in a large bowl. Drizzle in the vinaigrette and toss the salad. Mound the salad onto small plates and top with the cheese.