- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 mango, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1/2 Fresno or red jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 flounder fillets (6 oz. each)
In a medium saucepan, bring the coconut milk, stock and 1/2 tsp. salt to a boil. Add the rice, shredded coconut, scallion and 2 tbsp. ginger. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork, then partially cover to keep the rice warm.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss the mango, mint, chile, 1 tsp. oil and the remaining 1 tsp. ginger.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 tbsp. oil over medium-high. Season the fish and cook until opaque in the center, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
Divide the rice between plates. Top with the fish and mango salsa.