- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 bunch swiss chard, leaves and stems chopped separately
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
- 4 flounder fillets (6 oz. each), patted dry
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 1/2 tbsp. EVOO over medium heat. Add the swiss chard stems; cook until just softened, 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, chard leaves and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the leaves are just wilted, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover loosely. Wipe the skillet clean.
In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and cook, swirling often, until browned, 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and carefully stir in the almonds, parsley, the juice of 2 lemon wedges and a pinch salt.
In the reserved skillet, heat the remaining 2 tbsp. EVOO over medium-high heat. Season the flounder, add to the pan and cook, turning once, until light golden, 6 to 8 minutes.
Spoon the almond brown butter over the fish. Serve with the chard and remaining lemon wedges.