- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or crushed rosemary (optional)
- 1 pound trimmed beef flank steak
In a small bowl, whisk the honey mustard and oil. In another small bowl, stir the chili powder, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and thyme, if using. Rub the mustard mixture all over the flank steak, then coat with the spices.
Preheat a grill or grill pan over high. Grill the steak until charred in spots, turning once, about 3 1/2 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest 5 to 10 minutes. Thinly slice the steak against the grain.