- Prep Time
- 2 avocados
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar (eyeball it)
- 1/4 cup tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons honey (eyeball it)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 6 ounces tuna steaks
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
Thickly slice the avocados lengthwise and coat with the lime juice to prevent browning; set aside. In a small saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring the vinegar, tamari and honey to a low boil. Lower the heat and simmer until syrupy, 6 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Sprinkle the tuna with the five-spice powder and season with salt and pepper. Place the tuna in the skillet and cook, turning once, until just browned, 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Slice the tuna and top with the sesame seeds and chives.
Divide the lettuce among 4 plates and top with the tuna and avocado. Drizzle with the dressing.