- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 tilapia fillets (5 oz. each), chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon--2 tsp. grated zest, plus 5 tsp. juice
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach (4 oz.)
In a food processor, pulse the fish until coarsely ground. Transfer to a bowl; add half the basil, the breadcrumbs, onion, half the bell pepper, egg, garlic, zest and 2 tbsp. mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Using moistened hands, form into eight 3-inch-wide, 1-inch-thick cakes. Transfer to a plate; refrigerate 10 minutes.
In a bowl, mix 1/2 cup mayonnaise with the remaining basil, 3 tsp. lemon juice and the capers. Season the tartar sauce.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 3 tbsp. oil over medium. Working in batches, cook the fish cakes until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes per side.
In a bowl, toss the spinach, remaining bell pepper, 2 tsp. juice and 1 tbsp. oil. Serve with the fish cakes and tartar sauce.