- 12 ounces chopped semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (61 percent cacao or less) or good-quality white chocolate, such as Lindt
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped dried figs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried culinary lavender
Place chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. In a small pan over medium heat, bring heavy cream just to a simmer. Pour the cream over the chocolate; stir chopped dried figs and lemon zest into the warm ganache let stand 1 minute. Stir until smooth. (If the chocolate hasn't quite melted, set the bowl in a skillet of simmering water.) Cover and chill until just firm, about 2 hours. In a spice grinder, pulse confectioners' sugar and dried culinary lavender until finely ground. Using a 1/2-oz. ice cream scoop or a tablespoon measure, scoop up the ganache and roll into balls. Roll in the lavender sugar. Place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper and chill until firm, about 30 minutes.