- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 12 ounces spinach fettuccine, broken in half
- 8 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 pound thick-sliced smoked turkey, finely chopped
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, add the garlic. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 11 minutes. Add the peas and bell pepper in the last 2 minutes of cooking.
Meanwhile, using a food processor, grind the almonds to a fine powder. Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup water and process until smooth and creamy.
In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Stir in the almond cream, parmesan, 1 tsp. salt and a generous pinch pepper.
Drain the pasta and vegetables, reserving about 1 cup of the cooking water; return to the pot. Add the egg-parm mixture and stir to coat (the hot pasta will cook the eggs). Stir in the mozzarella, smoked turkey and enough of the reserved cooking water to loosen up the sauce.