Recipe by Marge Perry & David Bonom
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups pearled farro
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. saffron
- 12 oz. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups chopped grilled sausages, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped grilled peppers, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped grilled onions, thawed
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives
1. Make the Big-Batch Grilled Sausages, Peppers & Onions. For this recipe, portion out 2 cups chopped sausages, 1 cup chopped peppers and 1/2 cup chopped onions.
2. In large pot, bring stock, tomatoes, farro, oil and saffron to a boil. Cover; simmer over medium-low until farro is tender, about 25 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients; cover. Cook until shrimp is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Season.