Recipe by Sarah Karnasiewicz
Start to Finish: 1 hour, 40 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- 18 oz. fresh or frozen cranberries (about 4 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups fresh orange juice (from 3 oranges)
- 4 oz. finely chopped dried figs (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Candied Orange Peel
1. In a large saucepan, bring the cranberries, orange juice, figs, brown sugar, allspice, and 1/2 cup water to a simmer over medium-low heat. Simmer gently until most of the cranberries pop and soften and the sauce thickens, about 30 minutes.
2. Stir in the Candied Orange Peel. Season the cranberry sauce with salt and pepper.
See all our Thanksgiving recipes for planners and procrastinators here.