- 12 slices smoked bacon
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 6 thin scallions, chopped
- 4 large radishes, grated on the large holes of a box grater
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small rib celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 small mild red pepper (bell pepper or frying pepper), seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 4 everything bagels, split and toasted
- 8 leaves lettuce, trimmed
- 4 slices red onion
- 4 slices tomato
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . Arrange the bacon on a broiler pan; bake until crisp, 15 minutes. Let the bacon cool, then reserve 8 slices and finely chop the rest.
In a medium bowl, stir together the chopped bacon, cream cheese, scallions, radishes, carrot, celery, red pepper and garlic.
Slather the bagel bottoms with the cream cheese mixture. Top each with 2 slices bacon, 2 lettuce leaves and a slice each red onion and tomato. Season with salt and pepper and add bagel tops.