- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 chicken breast halves (1 pound total)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 small sweet onion (such as Vidalia), minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce, such as A1
- 2 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pinch saffron
Combine all of the ingredients in a heatproof baking pan, making sure to coat the chicken well. Place the chicken, skin side up, in a single layer. Cover with foil and refrigerate for 2 to 6 hours.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Roast the chicken, uncovered, until the juices run clear when the meat is pierced, 50 to 60 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover loosely with foil.
Transfer the pan to the stovetop. Simmer the sauce in the pan over medium heat until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Strain the sauce over the chicken. Serve with rice if desired.