Recipe by Janet Taylor McCracken
Start to Finish: 15 minutes
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. lemon zest plus 6 tbsp. juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1 cup EVOO
- 2 cups coarsely grated Parmesan or Grana Padano (about 8 oz.)
- 2 large heads escarole (2 lb. total), torn
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
1. Place the anchovies in a food processor. With the machine running, add the garlic; process until finely chopped. With the machine running, add the lemon juice, then the EVOO, and puree until smooth. Stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the cheese and lemon zest. (The dressing will be thick.) Season the dressing with pepper.
2. Divide the escarole and dressing between 2 large bowls; season. Toss the salad until coated. Top with the radishes.