Recipe by Alexa Weibel
Price per serving: $2.21
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 lb. linguine
- 4 oz. diced pancetta
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs. escarole, cored and sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup grated ricotta salata
- 4 lemon wedges, for serving
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water, add the pasta, and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup of the pasta cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, in a large deep skillet, cook the pancetta over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate. In the same skillet, add 3 tbsp. oil, the wine, tomato paste, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the escarole, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir the reserved pasta cooking water and the parsley into the escarole mixture. Toss in the pasta and pancetta; season. Divide among plates and drizzle with the remaining 2 tbsp. oil. Top with the ricotta salata and serve with the lemon wedges.