- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Salt and pepper
- 10 ounces short multigrain pasta, such as rigatoni or penne
- 1/2 cup lightly packed whole fresh basil leaves, plus 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup halved pimiento-stuffed green olives
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, then rinse under cold water. Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl.
While the pasta is cooking, in a food processor, puree the whole basil leaves, yogurt, mayonnaise, cheese, EVOO, lemon juice and garlic, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Pour the mixture over the pasta and toss well to coat. Stir in the tomatoes, bell pepper, olives and torn basil. Season with pepper and toss gently.