- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 1/2 cups chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 1/2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Coarse sea salt and black pepper
Preheat the broiler. Place the eggplants on a baking sheet; broil, turning occasionally, until flesh is soft and skin is charred, about 45 minutes. Cool; cut in half lengthwise. Scoop the flesh into a colander set over a large bowl; discard skins. Drain for at least 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
Coarsely chop the eggplant; transfer to a medium bowl. Toss with the peppers, onion, tomatoes, parsley, vinegar, oil and cumin. Season with sea salt and pepper.