Recipe by Mindy Fox
This article originally appeared in our Holiday 2020 issue. Get the magazine here.
Start to Finish: 50 minutes
- 4 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
1. Put potatoes, garlic, and 1 tbsp. kosher salt in a large pot. Add water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a low boil over medium heat, then reduce to low to keep at a simmer. Cook until the potatoes are tender but not falling apart, 20 to 25 minutes; drain well.
2. While the potatoes are still hot, press them through a ricer or colander into a large bowl. Fold in 1/2 cup EVOO and 1 thinly sliced scallion. Season with salt.
3. Transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle with more EVOO. Sprinkle with scallions, salt, and pepper.