- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups arborio rice
- Salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 pound cured chorizo sausage cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound small peeled shrimp
- 1 pound sea scallops, halved
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
In a large dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over low heat. Add the rice and 1 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes; let stand for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and cover to keep warm.
In the same skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring, until browned, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and scallops and cook until the shrimp are pink and the scallops are opaque, about 3 minutes; season with salt. Add the peas and paprika, then the cooked veggies, rice and the parsley; season with salt and pepper.