Recipe by Alexa Weibel
- Serves 4Servings
1 tbsp. finely chopped garlic
1/2 stick butter, at room temperature
Dash of EVOO
A pinch each of dried Italian herbs
Crushed red pepper flakes
One 9-inch-long baguette, split
1. Using the flat side of a chef’s knife, mash the garlic and 1/4 tsp. salt back and forth on a cutting board to form a paste.
2. In a bowl, mix the garlic and butter.
3. Stir some chopped parsley, a dash of EVOO, and a pinch each of dried Italian herbs and crushed red pepper flakes into the garlic butter.
4. Spread on the bread.
5. On a baking sheet, bake at 450° until toasted, about 8 minutes.
6. Broil until golden in spots, 2 to 3 minutes.