- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 cups Chocolate Chex® cereal, finely crushed
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, chopped, plus more for chocolate shavings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa, sifted
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg plus 2 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream, plus 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
In small bowl, stir together cereal and melted butter. Press in bottom and up side of ungreased 9-inch pie pan. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake crust 15 minutes. Sprinkle with one-third of the chopped chocolate.
Meanwhile, in large heatproof bowl, mix cocoa and remaining chopped chocolate; reserve. In 1-quart heavy saucepan, heat half-and-half over medium-high heat until almost boiling. In medium heatproof bowl, beat sugar, egg and egg yolks with whisk until pale yellow. Slowly beat in half of the hot half-and-half, then pour egg mixture into saucepan. Reduce heat to medium. Heat mixture just to boiling. Cook, beating with whisk, about 1 minute or until thickened. Pour through sieve into reserved cocoa mixture; beat with whisk until smooth. Pour into crust; refrigerate 30 minutes.
Wipe out saucepan. Add 6 tablespoons cream. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Place vanilla baking chips and peanut butter in medium heatproof bowl. Pour hot cream on top and let stand until chocolate is melted, about 2 minutes; beat with whisk until smooth. Spread evenly over chilled pie. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 1/2 hours.
To serve, top servings of pie with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.