- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound chicken breast, chicken cutlets or chicken tenders, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the rice; toast, stirring, for a minute or two. Add 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, lower the heat, cover and simmer until tender, about 17 minutes.
In a medium skillet, bring enough water to reach a depth of 1 inch to a boil, salt it, add the green beans and cook for 2 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water.
In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, 2 turns of the pan, over high heat until rippling. Add the chicken and cook until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the red pepper and cook until just softened, 3 minutes. Add the green beans and cook, tossing, for 1 minute.
In a bowl, mix together the tamari, honey, hot sauce, mustard and remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth. Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables; toss. Drizzle the sesame oil over the chicken.
Stir the scallions into the rice and fluff with a fork. Serve the chicken over the rice and top with the sesame seeds. and pepper. Cover to keep warm.