- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 - 3 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 small onion, peeled and grated (3 to 4 tablespoons juicy pulp)
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard (3 rounded tablespoonfuls)
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (eyeball it)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (eyeball it)
- 2 teaspoons paprika or sweet smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), eyeball it
- Freshly ground pepper (optional)
- Fresh chives or scallions, chopped (a handful)
- Flat-leaf parsley, chopped (a handful)
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a baking sheet in a single layer to cool.
In a large bowl, combine the onion, anchovy paste, mustard, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and 1 teaspoon of the paprika. In a slow, steady stream, whisk in the EVOO. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the potatoes to the bowl and toss with the dressing. Transfer the potato salad to a wide serving dish and top with the chives, parsley and the remaining 1 teaspoon of paprika.