- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons jarred pickled jalapenos, finely chopped
- Grated peel of 1 lemon, plus wedges for serving
- 4 large soft sesame-seed hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 4 4 ounces gray sole fillets
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs, preferably panko
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 cups mixed greens
Preheat the broiler. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, jalapenos and lemon peel. Spread about 1 tablespoon jalapeno mayonnaise on the bottom half of each hamburger bun.
Arrange the fish fillets on a foil-lined baking sheet. Spread the remaining mayonnaise on the fillets. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter and herbes de Provence and sprinkle the seasoned crumbs on the fillets. Broil until the fish is cooked through and the crumbs are toasted, about 5 minutes.
Using a wide spatula, transfer 1 fish fillet to each bun bottom, cutting the fish to fit if necessary. Top with the tomato slices, greens and bun tops and serve with the lemon wedges.