Recipe by Alexa Weibel
Price per serving: $4.65
|Active TIme||Total Time||Servings|
- 1 tbsp. fennel seeds
- 1 head (1 1/2 lb.) cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges (layers separated), plus 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 1/2 lb. ground lamb
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 2/3 cup store-bought tzatziki
- 3 tbsp. torn fresh mint
1. Preheat the broiler. On a double layer of aluminum foil with the edges folded up, broil the fennel seeds until fragrant, 20 to 30 seconds. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the cauliflower and onion wedges with the oil, 2 tsp. thyme, and the coriander; season with salt and pepper.
2. In a large bowl, mix the lamb, egg yolks, cumin, toasted fennel seeds, and finely chopped onion with 1 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. pepper, and the remaining 1 tsp. thyme. Form into 1 1/2-inch meatballs (about 24). Arrange the meatballs and cauliflower in a single layer on the baking sheet.
3. Broil until the meatballs are browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Swirl the tzatziki onto 4 plates. Top with the meatballs and cauliflower mixture. Sprinkle with the mint.