Recipe by Jackie Newgent, RDN
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 14 thawed chopped roasted tomato halves
- 8 thawed chopped roasted chicken thighs
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 8 sliced large pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- Fresh parsley leaves
1. Make the Big Batch Roasted Chicken Thighs & Tomatoes. For this recipe, portion out 8 chopped chicken thighs and 14 chopped tomato halves.
2. In large saucepan over medium-high, cook onion and cumin in oil, stirring often, until onion softens, about 5 minutes. Add next 5 ingredients; cook picadillo over medium until thickened, about 30 minutes; season. In large bowl, mix quinoa and turmeric; season. Top quinoa with picadillo and parsley.