Recipe by Rachael Ray
- 2 eggs
- About 1 rounded tsp. Dijon mustard (a healthy squirt)
- A pinch of salt
- White pepper or finely ground black pepper
- About 1 tbsp. finely chopped chives or chopped tarragon (optional)
- 2 tbsp. good butter
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- A handful of shredded Gruyère or Comté or 2 deli slices of domestic Gruyère
- 2 thin slices of cooked ham (preferably French-style ham, such as Madrange, or prosciutto cotto)
1. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, mustard, a pinch of salt and pepper, and the herbs, if using.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat, swirling the pan to coat.
3. When the butter foams, add the eggs and let them settle for a few seconds.
4. Gently lift the skillet and begin swirling the eggs until they reach the edges of the pan.
5. When the eggs begin to dry, remove the skillet from the heat. Spread with the crème fraîche.
6. Arrange the cheese and ham down the center of the eggs.
7. Fold in the sides (like swaddling a doll), creating a cone shape.