- 1 cup ketchup, preferable organic
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 shots (about 1/4 cup) bourbon
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- coarse black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 2 - 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- flour for dredging
- 2 eggs, beaten with a few dashes of hot sauce, salt and pepper
- about 1 1/2 cups cornflakes, crushed
- cooking spray
- 4 brioche or other soft sandwich rolls split
- toppings: shredded cabbage or lettuce, diced or sliced seeded tomatoes, chopped raw onion, chopped pickles
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a small saucepan, bring the BBQ sauce ingredients to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until thickened, 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the turkey, scallions, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper; form into 4 patties. Coat the patties in the flour, then the eggs, then the cornflakes. Spray a baking sheet with the cooking spray. Place the turkey patties on the sheet and spray the patties. Bake until crisp, 18 to 20 minutes.
Place the turkey patties on the rolls, doused with the sauce. Serve with the toppings of your choice.