Recipe by Isaiah Mustafa
Start to Finish: 40 minutes
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 lb.), cored and cut into bite-size florets (about 5 cups)
- 1 tbsp. vegan butter or margarine
- 1 cup Frank’s RedHot or other hot sauce
- Vegan ranch dressing, for dipping
1. Preheat the oven to 450°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk the almond flour, garlic powder, and 3/4 cup water. Add the cauliflower; season with salt and pepper. Toss until coated; spread out on the baking sheet. Bake, rotating the sheet once, until the cauliflower is crisp-tender, about 20 minutes. Return the cauliflower to the bowl.
2. Preheat the broiler. In a small saucepan, melt the butter; stir in the hot sauce. Pour over the cauliflower; toss until coated. Return the cauliflower to the baking sheet, spacing the florets apart. Broil until charred in spots, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with the ranch dressing.