- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup sauvignon blanc
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 sage leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 8 ounce package cheddar cheese spread, such as Alouette
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp yellow cheddar
- 1 pound chiocciole pasta (large shells) or elbow macaroni
- 1 cup panko
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
In a medium saucepan, melt 1 tbsp. butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add the wine; cook until most of the liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Add the broth; cook until reduced by half, 2 minutes. Add the cream, lower the heat to medium and cook, stirring, until reduced by half, 8 minutes. Add the sage, thyme, cheese spread, cream cheese and cheddar; whisk until smooth.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente; drain. While the pasta is cooking, melt the remaining 1 tbsp. butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the panko and cook, tossing, until browned, 3 minutes. Off heat, stir in the parsley.
Return the pasta to the pot, add the cheese sauce and stir over low heat until heated through. Transfer to a bowl; sprinkle with the panko mixture.