- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound jumbo pasta shells
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/2 pounds tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 16 ounce can navy beans or other small white beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup snipped chives
- Salt and pepper
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente; drain and set aside.
In the same pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 6 minutes. Add the cream and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add the reserved pasta, the tomatoes and beans and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Toss with the 1/2 cup parmesan and chives, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Pass more parmesan at the table.