- Prep Time
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (a generous handful)
- 1/4 cup shelled natural pistachio nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente; drain.
While the pasta is working, in a small saucepan, warm the cream and lemon peel over medium heat.
Using a food processor, puree the parsley, cheese, nuts and garlic. Mix in the lemon juice. With the machine on, blend in the EVOO until combined.
Place the pesto in a large pasta bowl; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the hot cream mixture, add the pasta and toss.