- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ears corn, husked, kernels cut from cobs
- 2 large leeks, white and light-green parts only, quartered and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup shelled fresh peas or frozen peas, preferably organic, thawed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- 1 pound extra-wide egg noodles or tagliatelle
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 lemons, zested (about 1 tbsp.) and juiced (about 1/2 cup)
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padano
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
In a large skillet, heat the oil, one turn of the pan, over medium-high. Melt the butter into the oil, then add the corn, leeks and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the leeks soften, about 5 minutes. Add the peas, stir in the wine and reduce the heat to medium-low.
Salt the boiling water, add the pasta and cook to al dente; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the cream, zest and juice to a low boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally; remove from the heat.
In the large bowl, toss the pasta with the corn mixture and the lemon cream; season. Serve with the cheese.