- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup dried cranberries (5 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1 1 pound bag cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 1 pound bag herb stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 cup pecan pieces (4 ounces), toasted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 quart chicken broth
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a medium bowl, pour 2 cups boiling water over the cranberries and let soak for 30 minutes; do not drain.
Add the butter to a large skillet and melt over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mixes with the parsley, pecans, onion mixture and the cranberries with their soaking liquid. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the broth and pour the liquid over the stuffing, mixing until thoroughly combined.
Spoon the stuffing into 2 buttered 3-quart casserole dishes and bake, covered, for 40 minutes.