Recipe by Rachael Ray
This recipe originally appeared in our Holiday 2020 issue. Get the magazine here.
- 6 to 8Servings
- 2 large sweet-tart apples, such as Honeycrisp, Braeburn, or Northern Spy—peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bag (12 oz.) whole cranberries (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup apple cider, apple juice, or water
- 1/4 cup (packed) light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Juice of half a small lemon (about 1 tbsp.)
In a medium saucepan, bring all of the ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until the sauce thickens and the apples are very tender, about 25 minutes.